Friday, July 16, 2010

A stroke of luck

The temperature in my apartment has become unbearable. Cadie spends most of her time flaked out in the coolest room, the bathroom. I am trying to spend most of my time asleep so that I'm not focusing on the heat. Uter is alone in loving the heat. Her tank is as a warm as a bathtub.

It's been a busy week. Salt was over for a sleep over last week, Wednesday was my last day at my old job. It was very hectic, but there's no end in sight, I start at my new job on Monday, and although I am very excited, I am also hoping for some slightly cooler weather. I've been fighting a migraine for the last 2 weeks, and I'd really like to feel "normal" on my first week.

In spite of not feeling well, Cadie and I have had some luck this week. I woke up this morning and knew that I didn't have the energy to walk up to Sherwood Park, instead we headed over to our usual park. It closed Monday for construction, but I thought, let's just try it. As I said, we got lucky, Cadie had a good romp and we were back home by 7:30. Already by 7:30 the world was so hot and humid I just couldn't stand it. Except for a quick trip to Davisville Park late in the afternoon, that was all the exercise Cadie needed. Which was great, I had lunch with a good friend, then came home and went right back to sleep.

Anyhow, I'm off to bed, I'm hoping that tomorrow will be the kind of day when I can get some housework done without feeling sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment