Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Best of the Simple Things

I woke up this morning feeling like my legs were made of lead, so I made sure that I got home in good time, so that I could get some veg time. Cadie was thrilled to see the snow. This is only her second winter, and while She doesn’t like the cold weather, she does love the snow. We got a good sprinkling of snow yesterday evening, so today’s trip to the park was particularly exciting. There were times that she was walking sideways. Of course, Cadie was not going to be given free range at the park. My thinking is that we got lucky on Sunday, and I am not keen to push my luck, especially not at rush hour. Cadie did get a good run, but I was holding onto the end of her leash the whole time.


Cadie and I have been following the Olympics. It’s so nice to come home after our evening walk and set up camp on the couch, with a hot cup of ginger tea and a big, fluffy blanket. Cadie comes and snuggles right up beside me, making sure that I get a good luck at her cutest face. There’s just something so nice about curling up under a warm blanket in front of the TV, especially when the world “outside” is so bleak and damp.

I also use these moments to try to keep up with Cadie’s grooming. I won’t lie, I won’t even sugar coat my thinking; I hate grooming. I hate grooming myself, and I hate doing it for Cadie. I mean, I know, it’s irresponsible of me, and I hate it about myself, but I am so lazy. As a result, when it is up to me to maintain Cadie’s grooming she tends to be more matted. I’m about to move to a new apartment, and I’m hoping that the move will jostle me into developing a schedule for both of our grooming, oh and the housework too, I’m not great at keeping up with that either. I’ve heard that a change of scene can make a huge difference to a person’s willingness and motivation, and I’m hoping that this is true. Now on the flip side, I once wrote an article on behaviour-change theory that said that it takes 3 years to successfully change behaviours. It makes sense, and I checked the references, and it seems to be air tight. This is less encouraging, I certainly don’t have the patience and focus for that. I’ll just have to restrategize ways that I can get the work done without having to commit myself to doing the work. I believe that there is a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment