Monday, September 6, 2010

Great Lakes Weather...

If you don't like it just wait ten minutes, it'll change.

The weather here has been all over the map this weekend. It was hot and humid on Thursday, then cooler on Friday, though still a little humid. Saturday morning was very cold. So cold that when I first stepped outside for Cadie's walk I turned right around to come back and change. That being said, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect morning; the sun was warm, the sky was a beautiful bright blue, with a few fluffy white clouds whizzing overhead, pushed along by the strong, cool wind. It was the most fabulous morning I've seen in a long time. We spent a little more time than usual lounging in the baseball bowl, then we headed over to the trails, where we wandered around for about 20 more minutes. All in all it was a great morning, but as I rounded the corner and onto my street I looked behind me (north) and saw that I had been chased from the park by a black and ominous looking rain cloud. I felt a little like Eeyore from Winnie-the-Pooh, the donkey who has his own special rain cloud.

From there the rain ebbed and flowed for the rest of the day, just when I'd think it would be clear for me to heard out for another walk, or to run some errands, the rain would come back. But as I was rounding my corner to my street, after my second walk I looked behind me (South this time), and noticed that the black rain cloud was headed out to the lake, and looking to the north I could see beautiful bright blue sky coming towards me again.

Sunday morning was also beautiful, it was the perfect day for a hike, and the timing couldn't have been more perfect, we had clear blue skies overhead, and saw the first few drops of rain just as we were getting back in the car. It was then overcast and rainy for the rest of the day.

Even though Environment Canada indicated that we were only looking at at a 30% chance of rain for today, it has been a pretty steadily miserable all day. I don't know if it was the rain, of the fact that Cadie and I haven't been outside much today, and that I've been on my own most of the day, but I've started thinking that it might be time for me to start thinking about dating again. I looked into the dating websites and ultimately decided that I'm not ready for the work and inevitable rejection that comes along with dating, and while I was looking at the computer feeling uncomfortable I realized that Cadie was hovering beside the door, so I've made up my mind to focus on her instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment