Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Capturing the Moment

I am starving, I’ve been hungry since this morning, I have no idea why. I’m currently on my 4th glass of orange juice for the evening. Not surprisingly I am also feeling heavy. The apartment still looks like a war zone, I’m sorry to say that I have all but lost the willingness to care. The only thought that keeps running through my mind now is that I need to have the place in reasonable order for when my friends come to help me move on Sunday. My feet are getting colder and colder as the days go by, but strangely enough I am looking more and more forward to this move everyday. I am also looking forward to being off work for a week, but I kind of wish the Olympics were still on so that I’d have something to watch.

I am lucky enough to have a friend who has lent me her camera. Cadie and I skipped our evening walk tonight and stage a photo shoot instead. I think that Cadie is a born performer. She waited patiently while I was setting up the shot and then gave me a winning smile almost every time, they look so cute, and I can’t wait to get them uploaded. I also took some photos of Uter, they are less engaging. But he is less trusting, he saw me headed his way and he retreated into his shell. So I also have those photos which are more funny than cute.

A lot of my friends are quite good with cameras, and take fantastic photos. I’m more than a little jealous. When I was in high school I had made up my mind that I was going to be a photographer. I was the one who always had a camera in my hands, and photos from last weekend’s party. Aside from the playing I did tonight I haven’t taken a photograph since my trip to Greece 4 years ago, and even then I didn’t take many, and I was unimpressed with the quality. A good friend of mine went to China at about the same time, so when we got back we had a photo-viewing party and I was very embarrassed by the quality of my photos compared with hers. Mine were pale and washed out looking, she had the most vivid and fabulous photos. Did it make a difference that I was still using a 35 millimeter? At any rate I’d love to get back into this. In particular I would shoot a lot of video of Cadie walking down the street. It’s pretty funny stuff.

Anyhow the next thing that I am going to try to arrange is for some photos of Cadie and I to be taken. It’s been a long time since I’ve had even one of the two of us taken and I’d like to have something current. I have a lot of frames that need a good photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment