Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thoughts of Spring

The weather was so wonderful today. It’s the second day in a row when I really feel that spring is just around the corner. Cadie and I didn’t even attempt the trail today. We had a call late in the afternoon yesterday from a friend who warned us that it was stew. So we have been walking up and down the streets today.

Right after work we walked down Yonge St. to St. Claire, then came back up Mt. Pleasant St. After dinner we met Salt and her owner and headed north up Mt. Pleasant to the Yonge and Lawrence area, then came back south down Yonge Street. I love taking my dog walks on the street, because I love to window shop. As it turns out Cadie also loves to shop. She pulls me toward Bark and Fitz, and tonight she stood and stared into Global Pet Store. That’s where I buy her food, and when I take her in there the staff make a huge fuss over her. Cadie does love being the centre of attention.

As I said, I love those days when it is still winter, but you can definitely feel spring in the air. Today Cadie and I were invited to our first barbeque of the season. We’ll be barbequing outside and eating inside, but still, it’s always nice to be reminded that summer is right around the corner. And on that happy, warm thought I am headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment