Friday, March 12, 2010

Last Night

I knew it was going to be bad day when I got up. The day before a vacation is never a good day. Still, I had to give it a shot; I mean if it hasn’t been today, it would have been yesterday. So I spent about 11 ½ hours at work today, trying to tie up loose ends, and came home to a world so wet the dog wouldn’t venture out into it. The good news is that I think I did a pretty good job, and I am comfortable being out of the office for the next week. The other good news is that I found a bottle of wine in my fridge. God bless you mystery wine!

It’s days like this that make you really value good relationships. People you can call who redirect your vision, and remind you of everything that you have going on for you. I have very good friends and family, and of course doggy. Tonight I also got the keys to my new place. Too bad I was half sloshed by the time the supper brought them to me.

I did manage to get my bedroom closet moved, as well as my new TV stand. And, as mentioned earlier I got some celebrating done.

This is my last night in this apartment, and it is bitter sweet for me. I’m going to miss the view, and the bright sunshine, but I am getting a new place that will be all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment